Most bloggers wonder how guest posting could increase their online traffic. They would prefer writing more on their blogs and utilizing their social media clouts to boost their online traffic instead of writing for other bloggers. The truth, however, is that guest posting opens up your online influence. It exposes you to a larger audience. How does this happen?
Guest Posting to Increase Online Influence
- Once you start guest posting or blogging, more readers find their way to your blog from other websites via the link created in the guest post. They are more likely to stay if what you posted was worthy and captivated them. They are eager to read more about what you write.
- Guest posting makes more readers discuss your writing. From guest posts, you could easily become the trending story in the online world as readers discuss what your thoughts are about a topic.
- Guest posting helps you write better. Once you start guest posting, a larger audience is reached. They will either positively or negatively criticise your work. This shapes you to write better articles even on your own blog.
- Guest posting creates good relationships between bloggers who may continually recommend their readers to visit the other blogger’s work.
10 Best Tips for Writing Great Guest Posts
- Identify Your Niche
You have to understand that you cannot be a guest blogger on everyone’s website. There are sites where what is discussed does not concern you at all- do not try to guest post on such sites. You should only guest post on websites that talk about issues that interest you; issues that you have been writing about on your blog.
- Read a Lot
If you have to guest post on a website, be sure to read what they have written. What is their style of writing? What do they write about? Once you get a chance to guest post for them, it will be easy since you know what they write about and their tone of writing.
- Be an Active Audience
You do not just wake up one morning and decide to guest post on someone’s website. You have to first make yourself noticeable to them. Read their articles and comment regularly to their posts. You could initialize chats with them. This way, they will be ready to feature you as a guest blogger.
- Prepare a Good Pitch
You have to request the website owner to write for them. In your pitch, mention a few areas that given the chance you could write about. Also do mention the angle that you would tackle your topic. You may also attach a sample article that you have written so that the website owner can quickly go through it to assess your general writing style.
- Be Relevant
After consistently following the blog for long, you should have known the blogger’s style of writing and what they write about. From the comments section, you should also be able to tell what the tastes of the audience is. This guest post is an article that is relevant not only to the website owner but also to the audience.
- Write High-Quality Articles
Once given the chance to guest post, write impeccable articles that are not only going to captivate the website owner’s eye but also catch the readers’ attention. They should have a magnetic attraction that is going to draw them to clicking your backlinks to see more from your blog.
- Do All The Donkey Work
Do not expect the website owner to edit or format your article. Most probably, the reason they gave you a chance to guest post is that they were too lazy to write themselves. They could also be too lazy to edit it! To avoid typographical embarrassments, therefore, make sure that you proofread your work before submitting it. The website owner will only have to publish it.
- Be Ready to Handle Online Traffic
Guest posting and driving online traffic is not enough. You should be able to strategize on how to handle the online traffic that you draw from another person’s site. It would be nauseating for the readers to find that your blog has lousy writings yet you write superbly in guest posts. They will run away. To avoid this, make sure that you frequently post articles that will make them always come back for more.
- Respond to Comments
Guest posting is not sufficient if you do not keep in touch with what your readers think about your article. Visit the guest post regularly and see the comments that it has solicited. Reply to the comments. That will make your readers eager to be engaged in more conversation with you.
Recommended guest posting sites: