If you own a blog or a website but are not experiencing as much success with it as you would like, it may not be a problem with the website itself, but with getting people to view it in the first place. This is why it is very important to spend a large amount of time making sure that you have a high web presence in the right areas. There are many things that can be done to help raise the profile of your website or blog, and these things can often be done by you in order to save on money:
1. Analytics – by setting up and using tools such as Google Analytics, you can effectively manage and track how successful any marketing endeavors may be in directing traffic onto your site. By using this tool correctly, it is possible to manage a whole marketing strategy.
2. Setting up social network profiles – if you have not already done so, setting up Twitter, Facebook, and other social media profiles is a must. These sites offer a unique opportunity for businesses to access a large network of potential customers and clients, and it doesn’t cost a penny. It is a time consuming activity, but many businesses now see these sites as a major part of their marketing strategy. Interactive marketing is a great way to create a positive image around your company and reach out in a direct and personal manner to customers. Once a large following has been built it is possible to advertise instantly reach thousands of people. By providing links directly back to your website, you will be able to use analytics to see how effective these platforms are to your business.
3. Guest blogging – this is another way in which you can spread the word about your website for free. Sourcing industry relevant blogs that allow guest bloggers to submit content, and submitting a well written and interesting post that links back to your page is a great way of attracting visitors.
4. Forum Posting – forums have become increasingly popular in recent years, as they are an ideal outlet for consumers to share their views and insights. In the same way that guest blogging can be effective, writing interesting and relevant posts in good forums (with direct links in them) will increase awareness of your site.
5. Search Engine Optimization – improving your ranking on the search engines is a must for all businesses, as this is where most of the traffic is directed from. All of the above steps will help to increase your SEO, but there are many other things that can also be done. There are plenty of free online guides as well as a number of marketing books on the subject of SEO that are worth checking out.
This guest post was written by Abigail. She is a freelance writer and designer who writes on a variety of topics including Credit Cards.