A disavow link often known as disavow file allows a website or blog owner to interact with Google or other search engines to tell them which of their incoming links, certainly the backlinks they do not like to be counted. Moreover, according to their need search engines deactivate or disavow the links. It is nothing but a message to Google or other search engines to say ‘please ignore these backlinks or income links’. Prior to get started or to the state of building the disavow files or links, you will have in need to classify all your unnatural links or the links you do not want to keep on your website or blog.
For the purpose of this topic, the disavow link, in this post, we will assume you to make it done this already. This post will cover all the necessary steps to create a disavow file or link as well as upload it to Google or other search engines. You will have in need to fire up the excel sheet prior to get started. Most of the guides you read on building disavow file or disavow link do not mention excel, but we certainly do not know why not – it mainly allows you to get your formatting in order much more easily and quickly as possible.
Here, we have discussed four important steps that you can do to confirm to Google or other search engines that you want to mark the links as disavow. Let us discuss those steps.
- URLs and Domains – Prior to start building your disavow files or disavow links, you should make a through decision about each link, if you wish to disavow it or not and the URL level in each domain, including the ranking. There are several rank checkers, by which you can test it. Albeit, there are two things you need to follow. They are:
- Disavow URL – The disavow URL meaning Google will only ignore the backlinks to you from a particular URL.
- Disavow Domain – The disavow domain meaning Google will only ignore the backlinks that you ask them to do so, any URL or the whole domain you can ask it to do.
Sometimes, some people think it is necessary to disavow on the URL level. The fundamental reason is, this type of site has only allowed spammy links to insert in the first place. Either way, make a decision about each URL or then ask for disavow on the domain or URL level you wish.
- Create a Notepad file or mark the links – When you are about to show to Google about your disavow links, you need to make it in a concise manner. Write down all the links you want to show to Google so that you can make a detailed track. This will help you make a cool notepad file to make detail mark of the URL or domain links that you have done disavow.
- Adding the comments for the links – Hope you have heard of adding the comments for the links you want to disavow. Now, we will discuss that, means how to do it and what are the ways that help you to do that. It is as simple as that, you can add whatsoever comment you want to add for the disavow links. Whether you want to add one you can use a hash tag (#). Some people like to do it because they think it is good for Google.
- Upload the disavow files in search engines – Google normally makes it intentionally very, very difficult to upload the disavow links or disavow files. To do it easily, you need to log in to Google’s account and must be the verified owner of the domain that is one of the most important things to upload the files in the search engines. After signing in you can click the file to upload easily and quickly.
You should only disavow the links or files that you know were made with a strong intention to hide Google’s practices or manipulating Google’s results. This post has written to assist you to decide which links are natural and which links are unnatural. There are, though many posts written by way of the process of auditing as well as disavowing your links from beginning to ending.
Last, but certainly not the least, when you like do some links disavow you should inform Google or the search engines you like to inform, otherwise they will not understand which in which or which links you want to tell them to disavow. There are many advantages of doing disavow or inform Google to know or you want to make these or that links disavow, some of them are common, but one of the most important is keeping them active as well as powerful links as possible.
Author Bio:- Sunny Chawla is a Marketing Manager at AIS Technolabs a web design company in india. Helping global businesses with unique and engaging tools for their business. He would love to share thoughts on WordPress website development, web design and mobile app development.